Author: Pepperoni Jo3 (r3gen)
Reviewers: @cryptoharry @patb
We propose the move to a “Seasonal” model at Inverse Finance to support improved financial planning, accountability and transparency. We propose that Season 1 planning begin on April 1st, with Season 1 running through until September 31st.
Since Inverse Finance’s launch in 2020, the organisation has operated on a loosely quarterly planning and proposal process for Working Groups.
Whilst broadly effective, the approach has created some points of friction:
- Difficulty maintaining clear financial insights on the costs, spend and runway
- Difficult for the community to assess the relative impact and cost of different business functions.
- Reduced clarity for new and existing WGs on timelines and how best navigate a budgeting and proposal process
- Lower levels of cohesive organisational planning for medium-long term strategy.
- Challenges in articulating and uniting the Inverse Finance community around a clear vision for the future.
Season 1 Launch
Season’s are increasingly used by many leading DAOs, including Optimism, Forefront, and Bankless.
Seasons @ Inverse Finance
- Inverse Finance detethers from the traditional Quarterly financial model and chooses a more flexible cadence for planning, delivery and reflection. We are recommending a 6 month Season.
- Every Season starts with 2+ planning workshops aimed at bringing together the core team to discuss and lay out a cohesive vision for what they want the organisation to achieve. The outputs of this can then be socialised and discussed with the community.
- Seasonal planning will identify the critical decision points and topics we need to resolve to execute on a successful medium-long term plan
- Financial Reports will be published to inform holistic and WG specific planning. In collaboration with the TWG, r3gen aims to publish the following financial reports: financial status report, runway analysis and revenue projections.
- Working Groups will clearly articulate a proposal detailing their responsibilities, projects and objectives over the next 6-months.
- Season “half time” provides an opportunity for the organisation to reflect on what’s worked and provide more detailed updates to the community
The following indicative timeline is provided to give the Inverse Finance community a sense of how we see Season 1 progressing.
|Season Launch Temperature check||Thursday, 16th March|
|Financial Status Reports||Wednesday, 29th March|
|Seasonal planning workshop #1||Wednesday, 6th April|
|Seasonal planning workshop #2||Wednesday, 13th April|
|Season 1 Budget & Proposal Process proposed and passes governance||Wednesday, 13th April|
|All Work Group Proposals pass through governance||Thursday, 28th April|
This forum post does not instigate any on-chain actions and was intended to serve as an update and temperature check on our Season 1 approach.
We would appreciate and value the Inverse Finance community expressing their feelings and perspective in the comments below