Written by @Nakamomo +#0165
This proposal aims to create an experimental (3 month) Community Working Group and operating budget to boost community participation and facilitate communication within the Inverse Finance DAO.
Inverse Finance’s community activity is increasing and is adding new members on a daily basis. A few diligent contributors have stepped up, some recently and others for more than one year, mostly on an ad hoc and voluntary basis until the Growth Working Group was formed to enhance our efforts in business development and marketing.
HoIver the Inverse Finance community is in need of its own strategic focus in collaboration with but independent of the GWG. It is widely acknowledged that community is a strategic “moat” for many DAO’s where a great community can sustain even a mediocre product offering, while a great product without the right community behind can suffer from slow adoption or even failure. Inverse today is somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.
As Inverse positions itself to scale to 1 billion in DOLA circulation, the timing is good for a more concentrated effort to build the Inverse Finance community.
I propose the creation of an Inverse Finance Community Working Group (CWG), as an experimental effort which, if successful, can be extended by future DAO vote.
Responsibilities for the CWG would include:
- Onboarding new members
- The Inverse DAO has been inconsistent in providing a good onboarding experience for new members and CWG will make efforts to improve it including regular onboarding calls for new members, new documentation to assist new members, and a better Discord channel to facilitate new members. It is also an opportunity to encourage new members to become immediately active on Twitter and other social media as part of the onboarding process.
- Defining roles for incoming members
- Design more defined roles for incoming DAO members so every new member can see clearly how they can participate and what is expected. Clarify the way we set compensation for members of the DAO.
- Improve global member recruitment
- Inverse’s representation from some global communities could be improved, for example in China. The CWG will look at best practices in other DAO’s for improving the global diversity of our community.
- Managing Job advertisements.
- Inverse WG’s have hiring needs and the CWG can assist in posting new job openings on web job boards and spreading the word about open positions, as well as compensating DAO members for referrals.
1. Community Calls
CWG will host regular community calls
CWG will organize other community-wide calls to promote new products, partnerships, or other noteworthy events taking place.
Our recent logo contest was a good example of getting new members engaged but there are other contests we can run to attract new members and engage current members.
- Collaborate with Akarin from GWG who has been leading our poker nights Other games considered are Jackbox, virtual Jenga, Karaoke. We can also have poker tournaments or play other games in metaverse spaces such as Decendtraland or gather.town
- Use survey monkey or Dyno bot to get a better understanding of the types of events that the community members are interested in and to measure the ongoing pulse of the community/find new ways to improve the Inverse community
- Partner Events
- DAO-wide AMA’s with Partners
- Floki invited Nour to an AMA at their TG channel when we added FLOKI as collateral to Anchor. Inverse can have similar events inviting leaders from partner projects to our community stage for AMA’s, etc.
- Raising awareness of new proposals, voting opportunities
We can do more to encourage comments and inputs on new proposals
CWG can organize, if desired, community-wide calls to discuss new proposals
- Pose questions to delegates
One of the pillars of IF’s governance system is the ability to delegate votes and to take the role of a delegate, and vote on the behalf of your delegators. CWG will pose public questions to the delegates in order to stimulate conversation as new proposals come forth.
Inverse merch store
- There have been several efforts to get IF specific merchandise in the past and CWG will set out to complete the task.
The CWG will be led by @nakamomo who will serve as chair of the CWG. Participants in the CWG will have opportunities to propose new CWG projects and experiments.
I forecast a 90 day budget of 20,000 DOLA as full-time salary for Nakamomo who has been a very active member in several parts of Inverse DAO, officially as Project Manager for the launch of INV+ since December. I also anticipate a modest amount of spending for ad hoc contributors to the CWG for things like research, articles, recording calls and interviews or referral bonuses for those introducing us to new engineering candidates or other valued contributors. I am also anticipating up to 16,300 in DOLA during this period for job advertisements, gaming expenses, and a small amount of INV-branded merchandise to be used for giveaways and incentives that we create through a new Inverse merch store or suitable outlet.
|Category||Description||Estimated 3 Month Costs|
|Ad-hoc contributions||TBD contributions to CWG efforts||6,000|
|Events||Gaming licenses, Prizes||2,500|
|Merchandise & Art||Payments for art/design work done on behalf of CWG||1500|
|3 Month Total||32,000 DOLA|
This budget is an estimate of the maximum I expect to spend during this test and any unused funds will be returned to the treasury
Each month the CWG will share a report with the INV DAO that provides updates including
- Summary of funds spent
- Updates on funded experiments